Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ice cream at Corner House

Corner House is truly one of the best cafes in Bangalore. I happenned to visit this neat little cafe during my vacations to the Garden City this February, and trust me was I impressed. Known for its wide range of ice creams and desserts, this eatery also serves some of the most mouth watering chaats and snacks.
Starting from paapri chaat to the delicious pav bhaji, eveything that you can think of is avalable at this cute little restaurant.
We ( i.e. me and my family) ordered samosa chaat, pav bhaji and paapri chaat. Though I had my favorite paapr chaat, the samosa chaat attracted my attention too. Not to forget the pav bhaji. Let's me put it this way. I tried little bit of everything.
After having teased our taste buds with these delicious Indian snacks, we sat down to enjoy our desserts. My mother ordered "Strawberries with fresh cream and ice cream", my sister ordered "Cake Fudge", my daddy ordered " Hot caramel pudding", my brother -in-law went for the "Pistachio ice cream" while I decided to try out the coffee and chocolate flavored ice cream.
We all took turns to try out each others orders. But I must say that my mom's order was te best. Juicy and bright red strawberries dipped in soft, snowy white cream really made me smack my lips. All that I can say is that the taste was "heavenly".
I dipped one strawberry in the cream and put it in my mouth after ensuring that it was covered with a generous amount of cream. The entire thing just melted in my mouth. I could feel the softness of the cream and strawberry roll inside my mouth as it slowly melted away leaving behind the flavour that was so sweet. It was simply fantastic.
Having tried this, I went for the cake fudge and the caramel pudding. The tastes were so distinct that it is really hard to forget them. Unlike other shops, where all chocolate and caramel flavoured desserts taste the same, in Corner House each and every preparation has its own distinct flavour. I guess, that's what makes this wonderful cafe famous and a hot favorite among the people of the city. If you happen to be there, make sure you try out "Strawberry with cream and ice cream" as well as the most famous "Death by chocolate". Trust me, you would get value for money and would want to come back to that place over and over again.

No comments: