Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Surprises

Life is a bag full of surprises. Time and again, various instances in my life have confirmed the truth of this statement. Coming third in the Commerce Department of my school in the Class 12 board exam was one those big surprises that life had given me. It was something that just swept me off my feet. That was probably the first day I realised my own potential. It was an achievement which was bigger than any other thing that I have achieved till date.
The next surprise was my being nominated and winning the "Best Speedster Award" while I was working at Compare Infobase Ltd. It was like something magical had just happened. It was nothing short of a fairytale. Still cannot forget the smile on my parent's face.
The biggest surprise that I got was when my sister gave birth to twin daughters. I always had a fascination for twins, and when my sister gave birth to identical twin babies, I was completely awestruck. Probably the biggest surprises that I had got, my joy new no bounds when I saw my little nieces sleeping peacefully in their crib in the nursery.
Tears rolled down my cheeks as I saw the two littel darlings sleeping side by side, eagerly waiting for us to hold them in our hands.
It is these little and joyful surpirses that makes life exciting and fun filled. Many run after astrologers to know what will happen toi them in future. But what's the fun in living if I knew what was going to happen to 5 years from now.
Allowing life to slowly unfold itself doubles our joy and happiness. True, predictions help you be prepared for future contingencies and mishaps. But again, happy events are best left unsaid. Let them get revealed before our eyes in their own sweet time as pleasant surprises.

No comments: